Chunks of salt crystal harvested from the Himalayan Mountains are used to make salt lamps. To create the lamp, the crystals were hollowed out and fitted with a light bulb to create the lamp. The salt lamp is more than simply a light source; it also has several advantages for our health and well-being.
Slat lamps are constantly brought up in conversations regarding home health and well-being. Many people use salt lamps virtually in every housing area because of their many advantages. One of the salt lamp’s most crucial, if not the most crucial, components is the light bulb. The following list includes some important considerations about salt lamp light bulbs.
What Size Light Bulb for Salt Lamp – Types of Bulbs Used in Salt Lamp
There are several different types of salt lamp bulbs on the market:
This bulb for salt lamps is relatively cheap and gives a warm and welcoming glow. It is often applied.
This kind of bulb comes in various colors and emits the brightest light. It is appropriate for large spaces and rooms.
Although fairly pricey, this salt lamp bulb is energy-efficient. It emits a white light that resembles the light of day. A halogen bulb produces a brighter glow than an incandescent bulb.
Tungsten Filament Bulb
This bulb is most likely the best option for the salt lamp. Due to the filaments in the bulb, heat is produced, warming the room.
Recommended Watts, Size, and Shape of Salt Lamps
Lamps made of Himalayan salt must have incandescent light bulbs in order to function properly. These light bulbs generate heat. Salt lamp bulbs have a standard wattage of 15 watts. Generally, salt lamps are lit with a twenty-five-watt lightbulb and a forty-watt lightbulb, which are both suitable for large lamp sizes.
It is not uncommon for people to ask what is the ideal wattage for salt lamps. Depending on the size of the salt lamp, it will be necessary to choose the wattage for the salt lamp bulb. Thus the solution is not as simple.
- A fifteen-watt bulb is needed for small- and moderate-salt lamps that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- A twenty-five-watt lightbulb lamp is advised for salt lamps weighing between 11 and 20 pounds.
- A 40-watt bulb is ideal for a huge salt lamp that weighs more than twenty-one pounds.
- The ideal light source for a super-sized salt lamp that weighs more than forty pounds is a fifty-watt to sixty-watt bulb that should do the trick.
Where to Buy Bulbs
On Amazon, you can get salt lamp replacement bulbs. Another option is to get one from a reputed retailer of Himalayan salt lamps. There’s a good possibility they could have extra bulbs on hand. Consider keeping an eye out for the following when buying bulbs for salt lamps.
A candelabra socket of the E12 type should be used for the bulbs unless specified in your salt lamp’s instruction manual. Be sure to use little bulbs rather than broad ones. Wide-shaped bulbs, which could come into touch with the salt crystals and burnt out from moisture, are preferable over compact-shaped lights.
Ensure the firm you purchase from is reputable and has positive client feedback. Purchasing cheap, frequently-burning-out bulbs will cost you more money than investing in a reliable, long-lasting bulb.
Bulb Replacement Tips for Salt Lamp
To change the bulbs in your salt lamp, follow these instructions.
- Check the salt lamp’s base to determine whether it can be turned so that it is standing upright.
- On a safe surface, turn the salt lamp’s faulty bulb screw counterclockwise to remove it.
- Install the replacement bulb by turning the screw in a clockwise direction.
- Turning on the bulb allows you to check if it is installed properly.
Most salt lamps employ a metal prong form instead of the revolving technique. If your salt lamp is of this sort, you may adequately replace the light bulb by using the advice provided below.
- Lay the salt lamp on its side and place it on a safe surface.
- You may screw the lamp base into various lights. You must unscrew the lamp’s base first to access the bulb fitting.
- By applying pressure to the two metal prongs visible on either side of the bulb fitting, you may remove them.
- Utilizing a counterclockwise rotation, unscrew the lightbulb from the fitting.
- Tightening the metal tongs, fit the salt lamp back together after screwing in the new bulb.
- Reattach the base to the crystals and text to check if the bulb is properly installed.
The solution to Salt Lamp Weeping
The wetness that the salt crystal draws to itself causes the lamp to weep. The bulb regularly pulls moisture in a high-humidity atmosphere, which leads the lamp to cry. The light should be kept in a low-humidity area as a fix.
In addition, make sure the light is the appropriate wattage for the lamp size. Your lamp might weep if the wattage is too high relative to the volume of the crystal because it could generate more heat than is required. Weeping should stop if you use a bulb with the correct wattage for the lamp’s size.
A solution to Salt Lamp Bulb Blowing
Try the following to halt your salt lamp bulbs from blowing out if they are doing it continuously.
- Make use of premium lights.
- To avoid the bulb touching the salt crystal, use thin-shaped bulbs rather than broad ones. The bulb might break as a result of this.
- Make sure the cord is in good shape by inspecting it. If not, swap it out.
- In the bulb fitting, tighten any loose connections.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Use Halogen or Led Bulbs?
The ideal lightbulb for salt lamps generates heat. Halogen and Led lighting cannot be used in salt lamps because, although more affordable, LED lights do not emit heat. On the other side, using halogen lamps produces excessive heat that is unnecessary for a salt lamp.
What Type of Bulb Does a Salt Lamp Use?
These particular bulbs are E14 models, which are tiny Edison screw sockets and the typical size for Salt Lamps.
Are All Salt Lamp Bulbs the Same?
Heat-producing bulbs are ideal for salt lamps. LED and Halogens cannot be utilized in salt lamps because, while cheaper, LED lights do not emit heat.
Besides its various health advantages, Himalayan salt lamps may also be used as innovative home décor elements. They improve your house’s health and make it seem elegant and fantastic.
Although slat lamps are resilient and long-lasting, being careless in handling the light might result in minor to serious damage to the salt lamp. Part of taking good care of your lamp is knowing how to care for the bulb and knowing what lamp you truly need for the salt lamp.